Crossroads Farm at Grossman’s Alternative Volunteer Experience
Do you enjoy volunteering? Attend the the first ever Adelphi Gives Back Alternative Weekend Experience at Crossroads Farm at Grossmann’s!
Join us on a two day experience of hands on service work at the farm followed by a Zoom workshop that correlates with the work you have been doing with the farm. This experience requires a two day commitment. Zoom links for workshops will be emailed after participants sign up!
2:00PM – 4:00PM: Work with Professor McCarthy doing community service work on the farm completing various tasks.
5:00PM: Hop on a Zoom call with one of the Senior Assistant Directors, Arianna Livreri to learn about Sustainability and debrief your day.
10:00AM – 12:00PM: Return to the farm and Work with Professor McCarthy doing community service work on the farm completing various tasks.
1:00PM: Hop on a Zoom call with Interfaith/Panther Pantry Coordinator Michael Hoffner to discuss food insecurity and learn about ways you can help.
- Students will register for the two-day service experience via the Adelphi.Universitytickets.com website. The registration will be limited to a maximum of 10 students.
- An attendance roster will be used to verify each students’ participation.
- Participants must complete daily screening on the AU2GO app and show event coordinator upon arrival.
- All participants must wear face masks and social distancing of 6 ft or greater.
- All participants will be provided hand sanitizer by the Center for Student Involvement.
- Any student who feels ill should email Volunteer@adelphi.edu to inform them they will not be attending.
- All students will be responsible for providing their own transportation to the farm.
- All participants will be allowed to bring a water bottle for hydration while working outdoors.
- COVID safety protocols for maintaining appropriate distance will be followed.