Brookhaven National Lab Microcontroller Workshop
Join us at the Physical Sciences Career and Microcontroller workshop, hosted by Brookhaven National Lab and Adelphi University.
This event offers a diverse range of opportunities for science majors. This is a Society of Physics Students Zone 2 event. During this three-day event, you will have the opportunity to:
- Enhance your technical skills by attending our microcontroller workshop.
- Learn how to make an oscilloscope and a signal generator from Brookhaven National Lab experts.
- Expand your professional network as you connect with representatives from esteemed regional companies, who will be available to discuss potential career paths and opportunities.
- Immerse yourself in the “Be-A-Shark” Workshop, specifically tailored to empower physics students and provide invaluable insights into transitioning into the professional world.
- Recognize the potential of your physics degree and explore the different paths it can take you.
Students can register to attend the three-day workshop before September 6, 2023. Looking to network? You could also choose to attend an Industry Board Career Fair on October 6.
Schedule of Events
Friday, October 6, 2023
|1:00 pm – 4:30 pm||Electronics and CircuitPython (technical workshop)|
|5:00 pm – 6:30 pm||“Be-A-Shark” Workshop|
|5:00 pm – 7:30 pm||Industry Board Career Fair (BNL industry board will talk to students)|
Saturday, October 7, 2023
|10:00 am – 12:30 pm||RC Circuit, Signal Generator (technical workshop)|
|12:30 pm – 1:30 pm||Lunch|
|1:30 pm – 4:30 pm||Operational Amplifiers (technical workshop)|
|4:30 pm – 5:30 pm||Professional development activity (to be announced)|
Sunday, October 8, 2023
|10:00 am -12:30 pm||Diode and Transistor Characteristics (technical workshop)|
|12:30 pm -1:30 pm||Lunch|
|1:30 pm – 4:30 pm||RLC Resonance, Biot-Savart Law (technical workshop)|
This event is sponsored by Brookhaven National Lab.
For more information about this event, please contact:
Chair, Physics Department