First-Year Community Action Program (FCAP)
FCAP gives incoming students the opportunity to participate in various volunteer and community service projects in the community prior to the start of classes.
FCAP will take place from Monday August 22 to Wednesday August 24. Past locations have included the Northport Veteran Affairs Hospital, Panther Pantry, Hempstead Community Center and the Youth Services Opportunity Program in New York City.
Benefits of Joining FCAP
By participating in this program, students will have the opportunity to:
- Get a jump start on your college experience by making new friends before classes start
- Meet and learn from current students who are involved
- Experience cooperative learning opportunities through the Center for Student and Community Engagement and The Center for Career and Professional Development
- Network with community partners
- Gain valuable experience
- Have fun!
Summer 2022 Program
Summer applications deadline extended to August 4th.
- Resident students will have the opportunity to move into their room early. Check-in for resident students will be on August 21.
- Lunch and dinners are included for both resident and commuter students.