First-Year Community Action Program (FCAP)
The First-Year Community Action Program (FCAP) gives incoming students the opportunity to make connections with community partners, current Adelphi students and help build your resumes. Students will participate in virtual volunteer programs, prior to the start of classes, that will benefit the local community.
By participating in this program, students will have the opportunity to:
- Get a jump start on your college experience by making new friends before classes start.
- Meet and learn from current students who are involved.
- Experience cooperative learning opportunities through the Center for Student Involvement and The Center for Career and Professional Development
- Network with community partners.
- Gain valuable experience.
- Have fun!
This year’s program will take place on zoom every Friday in the month of August, kick starting with a Welcome Ceremony on Friday, August 7th and ending with a Closing Ceremony on Friday, August 28th.
Friday, August 7, 12:00 p.m.
Friday, August 14, 12:00 p.m.
Friday, August 21, 12:00 p.m.
Friday, August 28, 12:00 p.m.
Register for FCAP
Zoom links will be sent out to your Adelphi email with more day of details closer to the event date. This program is offered exclusively to incoming first year students.