Game Consoles and Other Connected Devices
How to connect a gaming console through the wired network in the residence halls.
Residence Hall students who wish to use their gaming consoles and other connected devices (Apple TV, Roku, Echo Dot and more) through the network need to follow a series of steps to ensure the best connection. The wireless network may not be compatible with all devices, so please bring your own ethernet cable.
First, connect to either the wireless network or the wired network using the dorm network jack (with a CAT 5 ethernet cable at a minimum), using any computer, tablet or smartphone.
Once you are connected, access Network Registration (netreg.adelphi.edu) using your Adelphi username and password.
Connecting Wireless Devices
- Choose connectivity type: Wireless
- Enter the Wireless (WLAN) MAC address of the device you are registering and click submit.
- Connect your device to the “AU” wireless network
Connecting Wired Devices
- Choose connectivity type: Wired
- Enter the Wired (Ethernet) MAC address of the device you are registering and click submit.
- Connect your device to the network wall jack (if it’s not already connected) and restart the device.