Our team members perform database research, migration, maintenance and monitoring, data transfer.
Our team members perform database research, migration, maintenance/monitoring and data transfers.
The Office of Information Technology provides database hosting and administration for SQL Server, Oracle and MySQL to Adelphi departments upon request. These services can be provided through a shared server environment or a dedicated server environment.
The service offering includes the following:
- Installing and maintaining database management software.
- Backup and recovery measures to safeguard data.
- Monitoring and maintaining space usage within the database.
- Monitoring and maintaining the availability and performance of the database.
- Provisioning and monitoring security measures within the database environment.
- Controlled production implementations
- Creating or re-creating new database instances where necessary.
- Collaborating with departments in maintaining databases where database administration (DBA) involvement is necessary.
- Assisting with database migrations through the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Creating user accounts for databases required in applications systems.