Employee Assisted Housing Program
Adelphi University is pleased to participate in the Employer Assisted Housing Program (EAHP) with the Long Island Housing Partnership, Inc. to offer full-time employees with 3 years of continuous full-time service (who meet program qualifications) down payment assistance and repair assistance to help buy a new home.
The additional funds are a combination of funds from Nassau and Suffolk County, New York State, and Adelphi University.
The employer contribution from Adelphi University is $5,000 which is taxable to the employee. The taxes will be withheld from the employee’s pay check within the calendar year of receipt.
An applicant must:
- Purchase a pre-existing single family house, co-op, or condominium within Nassau County or Suffolk County which appraises at or lower than guideline requirements;
- Occupy the property as a Principal Residence;
- Have an annual income meeting the income guidelines as described in the program overview;
- Be a full-time employee in good standing with 3 years of continuing full-time service; and
- Meet other program guidelines as defined by funding sources.
To determine eligibility, employees must download and complete the EAHP Eligibility Verification Form (PDF).
Once eligibility has been determined, the program application will be sent to the employee by the Long Island Housing Partnership, Inc. A full description of the program is available at either:
Nassau EAHP Guidelines (PDF)
Suffolk EAHP Guidelines (PDF)
Adelphi University will only provide an employer contribution for employees who are approved through this program.