Develop the in-demand skills to manage medical data and prepare for a successful career in the healthcare industry.
What Can I Do with a Master’s in Health Informatics?
Our master’s in healthcare informatics online degree takes an interdisciplinary approach—this program helps working professionals gain the healthcare leadership, managerial, technical and analytical skills required to make critical decisions as a clinical data analyst or clinical/nursing information specialist. You can also work in healthcare IT as an electronic health record builder or a computer network architect.
Why Study Healthcare Informatics at Adelphi?
- Advance your career on your terms—attend classes fully online with options for full- or part-time schedules.
- Benefit from our interdisciplinary approach that integrates concepts in business, health informatics, information systems, organizational and project management as well as data security and analysis—all within a healthcare framework.
- Gain valuable experience wherever you are with our cutting-edge remote health monitoring systems and access to our high-tech robotics lab.
Exceptional Hands-On Learning
At Adelphi, we believe strongly in the power of hands-on learning. Our students have gained valuable experience in internships at many healthcare centers, including:
- Catholic Health Services
- Memorial Sloan Kettering
- Mt. Sinai
- Northwell Health (various locations)
To apply for the MS, you must have a minimum 2.7 cumulative GPA. Applicants should submit the following:
- Graduate application and $60 fee
- Official transcripts from all prior institutions and proof of bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year institution
- Professional résumé/CV
- Two letters of recommendation from professional or academic sources
- 500-word essay detailing the reasons for applying to the program
- TOEFL or IELTS required for international candidates living in the United States for less than three years