Victims or witnesses are encouraged to report all incidents to Adelphi University’s Department of Public Safety and Transportation (or the local police department, if appropriate), regardless of how insignificant the crime may seem. Public Safety or police officers will respond at any time of day or night to meet the victim/witness, take a report, investigate the incident and provide assistance. You may also go to the Department of Public Safety and Transportation office, located in Room 113 in Levermore Hall, to report an incident in person or you may call either 516.877.3500 or ext. 3511.

If you are on the Garden City Campus:

  • Immediately call Public Safety by Dialing 5 or ext. 3507 or 3511 from any in-house telephone.
  • Utilize any blue light emergency call box or pick up any red phone strategically located throughout campus.
  • Contact any public safety officer or report to the Public Safety Command Center located on the west side of Levermore Hall.
  • Via a cell phone, please call 516.877.3511.

If you are at the Hauppauge Center:

  • Call 631.300.4367 or 516.237.8605 or contact the public safety officer located in the lobby.

If you are at the Manhattan Center:

  • Call 212.965.8340 or contact the security officer located at the main entry to the Adelphi area on the second floor.

If you are at the Hudson Valley Center:

  • Call 845.471.3348 or contact the officer at the main entry to the Adelphi area located on the fourth floor.

All other Students and Employees may park in designated parking areas; resident students may not park in Field #1 and Nexus Underground Garage.

Yes, all vehicles parked on campus must be registered with Adelphi’s Department of Public Safety and Transportation, display a current state registration and inspection certificate and display a current University parking permit on the rear bumper (driver’s side). Temporary permits and accessible permits are available at the Department of Public Safety and Transportation office.

In order to receive an Adelphi University parking decal, one-day visitor permit, or temporary parking permit, you must bring the following items/documents to the Department of Public Safety and Transportation, Located in Room 113 of Levermore Hall:

  • Current University ID
  • A valid vehicle registration showing plate number and description of your vehicle
  • A valid driver’s license (permit is not accepted)

Your Adelphi decal must be displayed on the driver’s side dashboard. Temporary permits must be displayed on the rear driver’s side bumper. Special permits and day passes must be displayed on the driver’s side dashboard. “

Parking permit decals expire annually on September 30. The replacement fee for lost parking permits is $15. View additional information regarding parking on campus, vehicle registration and permits.

ID cards are necessary to access all residence halls or academic and administrative buildings, use of the library, entry to sports events and all University facilities. ID cards are void upon leaving the employment of the University or upon a student’s graduation or leaving the University. Alumni ID cards are issued upon request after confirmation of alumni status.

New students receive their ID cards at New Student Orientation. To update or replace a lost/missing ID card, simply go to the Office of Public Safety and Transportation. Current students should bring a form of identification (i.e., license, passport), in addition to proof of payment, confirmation of classes and/or other evidence that you are currently registered at the University.

Alumni should provide a photo ID and student number (if known) for status confirmation.

Phone Number
More Info
Levermore Hall, 113
  • Office Hours (Until August 14) Mon-Thu: 9:00 am - 3:00 pm Fri: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
  • Command Center Daily: 24-hour coverage
Search Menu