Ph.D. in Education, Counselor Education, University of Rochester, Warner Graduate School of Education & Human Development (2007)
Evidence-Based Practice In Nursing
Integration Seminar I V
Integration Seminar III
Mental Health Nursing
Mental Health Psychiatric Nursing, Community Mental Health Nursing, Community & Mental Health Counseling, Counselor Education Internship I & II, Research, Stress Management, Integration Seminar, Nursing Theories and Concepts, Principles of Consultation, Family Therapy, Individual Therapy, Practicum in Nursing Education, Practicum in Counselor Education,Evidence-Based Practice in Nursing, Integration Seminar, II,III, & IV & Nursing Care of Older Adults
Autonomy, ego-identity status, parents' education and career decision-making in college students; self-regulation of motivation;role of peer group and adolescents' decision-making, care-giver/relative empowerment and improving care outcomes for older adults with cognitive impairment; and consequences of severe stress
• Sigma Theta Tau Alpha Omega Chapter Research Scholarship Grant for “Assessing the relationship between Students’ Self-Regulation Skills and Their Academic Success: A Pilot Test of a Strategic Self-Regulation of Learning Questionnaire (SSRLQ).” 2015
• Received Adelphi University’s Faculty Development Grant for submitted research proposal entitled: “Assessing and Predicting College Students’ use of Strategies for the Self-Regulation of Motivation and the Relationship Between Students’ Ego-Identity Status and the Self-Regulation of Motivation.” 2014
• Proposed the continuation of the CTE grant: “Engaging Pharmacology and Mathematics Education Students.” Implemented the proposed program since Fall2009. 2010-2012
• Developed an interdisciplinary grant titled “Engaging Pharmacology and Mathematics Education Students” with Dr. Cheri Boyd, 2009. The grant was sponsored by the Center for Teaching Excellence (CTE). The purpose of the grant was to strengthen the quantitative aspects of the course through recruiting and training the nursing and mathematics education students, coordinating the program, and implementation of the workshops. 2009
• Wrote a grant (Health Resources and Services Administration/HRSA) to support the graduate program, Clinical Nurse Leader (CNL) 2009
Showing first 5 of 12.
Palandri, M. K. (A. Ebrahimi, N. Afghani, & N. B. Lankarani Trans) (2000). Pocket companion for Polaski and Tarra Luckmann’s core principles and practice of medical-surgical nursing. Tehran, Iran, Islamic Republic of: Arzandeh.
Townsend, M. C. (A. Davachi Trans. A. Ebrahimi Ed.). (1997). A pocket guide for care plan construction: Nursing diagnosis in psychiatric nursing. Tehran, Iran, Islamic Republic of: Shahrab Publication.
Davachi, A., Ebrahimi, A., & Tabaie, S. (1996). General psychology for nursing, midwifery, and allied health students. Tehran, Iran, Islamic Republic of: Shahrab Publication.
Logan, B. B.(F. Mehri & A. Ebrahimi Eds.; S. Heroabadi & Associates Trans. (1994). Family-centered nursing in the community. Tehran, Iran, Islamic Republic of: Iran University of Medical Sciences Press.
Ebrahimi, A. (Ed.) (1993). Nursing in gastrointestinal diseases. Tehran, Iran, Islamic Republic of: Shahrab Publication.
Tomey, A. M.(M. Ghabeljoo, A. Davachi, & A. Ebrahimi Tran.; A. Ebrahimi Ed.) (1993). Guide to nursing management. Tehran, Iran, Islamic Republic of: Shahrab Publication.
Ebrahimi, A. & Ranjbar, A. (1993). Teaching easy and painless delivery, and postpartum care. Tehran, Iran, Islamic Republic of: Authors.
Ebrahimi, A. (1993). Communication, therapeutic communication, and communication patterns in family. Tehran, Iran, Islamic Republic of: Author.
Ebrahimi, A. Salemi, S. (Eds.). (1992). Radiology sciences for technologists. Tehran, Iran, Islamic Republic of: The Research Deputy of Ministry of Health, Treatment, and Medical Education Press..
Ebrahimi, A. (1991). Retirement crisis. Tehran, Iran, Islamic Republic of: Publication Committee of School of Nursing and Midwifery-Iran University of Medical Sciences..
Ebrahimi, A. (Ed.) (1989). Community health nursing and family concepts. Tehran, Iran, Islamic Republic of: Iran University of Medical Sciences Press..
Ebrahimi, A. (1989). Family assessment. Tehran, Iran, Islamic Republic of: Iran University of Medical Sciences Press..
Akhtar Ebrahimi Ghassemi (2015). Stress and Adaptation. In Debra Kanter (Eds.). Cancer Survivorship: An Interdisciplinary Team Approach to Care. NY: Wolters Kuwer..
Showing first 5 of 6.
Ghassemi, E. A. (2016), “Innovation in Course Design: Increasing Nursing Student Engagement and Interaction in a Course in Mental Health Psychiatric Nursing”. The Journal of New York State Nurses Association, 44 (2),
Dondrof, K., Fabus, R., & Ghassemi, E., A. (2015), "The interprofessional collaboration between nurses and speech-language pathologists working with patients diagnosed with dysphagia in skilled nursing facilities"
. Journal of Nursing Education and Practice, 6 (4),
Li, H., Melnyk, M. B., McCann, R., Chatcheydang, J., Koulouglioti, C., Nichols, L. W., Mig-Der, L., & Ghassemi, A (2003), Creating avenues for relative empowerment(CARE): A pilot test of an intervention to improve outcomes of hospitalized elders and family caregivers. Health & Research in Nursing, 26,
Ebrahimi, A. (1994), Investigation into and comparison of parents and female adolescents’ attitude about the role of adolescent peer group in adolescent decision making. Quarterly Nursing and Midwifery Journal, 6,
Ebrahimi, A. (1990), Findings: The latest news of clinical research. Quarterly Nursing and Midwifery Journal, 4,
Ebrahimi, A. (1988), Humanistic care of patients in seclusion. Quarterly Nursing and Midwifery Journal, 1, 25-29.
( 2014 ) External/Outside Reader/ Dissertation Defense for Jung Rok Shin (2014). "Religiosity, Spirituality, and the Effects of Activating Subliminal Fantasies of Merger on Perceived Mental Well-being.". Derner Institute for Advanced Psychological Studies Adelphi University.
(1997). • “Investigation into and comparison of individual, familial, and social characteristics of infertile couples who chose different methods of adaptation to infertility in Tehran. The couples has been referred within the previous year to the Infertility Cen. Iran University of Medical Sciences and Health Services School of Nursing and Midwifery, Tehran, Iran..
(1992). • “Investigation into effective factors on depression of patients under hemodialysis treatment in Tehran Dialysis Hospitals and Centers,”. Tarbiat Modares University, Tehran, Iran.
Honors and Accomplishments
• Received recognition and honor regarding promoting a nationwide initiative of nursing publications in Iran.
• Received recognition regarding editing and translating textbooks for Iranian nursing and allied health students, Iran University of Medical Sciences & Health Services, Tehran, Iran
• Received recognition regarding promoting Problem-Based Learning initiative for designing a graduate level course based on PBL (Nursing Concepts and Theories) in Psychiatric Nursing Department, Iran University of Medical Sciences and Health Sciences School of Nursing and Midwifery, Tehran, Iran
• Received recognition for contributing to National Nursing Curricula Revision Committee (1995-1997), Iran University of Medical Sciences and Health Sciences School of Nursing and Midwifery, Tehran, Iran
Community and Corporate Leadership
• North Atlantic Regional Association for Counselor Educators and Supervisors (NARACES).
• American Association Colleges of Nursing (AACN) Leadership Fellow (the Leadership for Academic Nursing Program/LANP, 2008-2009
• American Association Colleges of Nursing (AACN)
• American Counseling Association (ACA), Reviewer for ACA online CE courses
• National League for Nursing (NLN)
• Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing, Alpha Omega Chapter