Ph.D. in Education, Counselor Education, University of Rochester, Warner Graduate School of Education & Human Development (2007)
Integration Seminar III
Mental Health Nursing
Nursing Care Of The Older Adult
Mental Health Psychiatric Nursing, Community Mental Health Nursing, Community & Mental Health Counseling, Counselor Education Internship I & II, Research, Stress Management, Integration Seminar, Nursing Theories and Concepts, Principles of Consultation, Family Therapy, Individual Therapy, Practicum in Nursing Education, Practicum in Counselor Education, & Nursing Care of Older Adults
Autonomy, ego-identity status, parents' education and career decision-making in college students; self-regulation of motivation;role of peer group and adolescents' decision-making, care-giver/relative empowerment and improving care outcomes for older adults with cognitive impairment; and consequences of severe stress
• Proposed the continuation of the CTE grant: “Engaging Pharmacology and Mathematics Education Students.” Implemented the proposed program since Fall2009. 2010-2012
• Developed an interdisciplinary grant titled “Engaging Pharmacology and Mathematics Education Students” with Dr. Cheri Boyd, 2009. The grant was sponsored by the Center for Teaching Excellence (CTE). The purpose of the grant was to strengthen the quantitative aspects of the course through recruiting and training the nursing and mathematics education students, coordinating the program, and implementation of the workshops 2009
• Wrote a grant (Health Resources and Services Administration/HRSA) to support the graduate program, Clinical Nurse Leader (CNL) 2009
(1997). • “Investigation into and comparison of individual, familial, and social characteristics of infertile couples who chose different methods of adaptation to infertility in Tehran. The couples has been referred within the previous year to the Infertility Cen. Iran University of Medical Sciences and Health Services School of Nursing and Midwifery, Tehran, Iran..
(1992). • “Investigation into effective factors on depression of patients under hemodialysis treatment in Tehran Dialysis Hospitals and Centers,”. Tarbiat Modares University, Tehran, Iran.
Honors and Accomplishments
• Received recognition and honor regarding promoting a nationwide initiative of nursing publications in Iran.
• Received recognition regarding editing and translating textbooks for Iranian nursing and allied health students, Iran University of Medical Sciences & Health Services, Tehran, Iran
• Received recognition regarding promoting Problem-Based Learning initiative for designing a graduate level course based on PBL (Nursing Concepts and Theories) in Psychiatric Nursing Department, Iran University of Medical Sciences and Health Sciences School of Nursing and Midwifery, Tehran, Iran
• Received recognition for contributing to National Nursing Curricula Revision Committee (1995-1997), Iran University of Medical Sciences and Health Sciences School of Nursing and Midwifery, Tehran, Iran
Community and Corporate Leadership
• North Atlantic Regional Association for Counselor Educators and Supervisors (NARACES).
• American Association Colleges of Nursing (AACN) Leadership Fellow (the Leadership for Academic Nursing Program/LANP, 2008-2009
• American Association Colleges of Nursing (AACN)
• American Counseling Association (ACA), Reviewer for ACA online CE courses
• National League for Nursing (NLN)
• Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing, Alpha Omega Chapter
Licenses & Certifications
New York State Registered Professional Nurse
Mental Health Counselor, qualified to complete the requirements for Mental Health Counseling License, New York