Postdoctoral Fellow, Mount Sinai School of Medicine (2006)
Ph.D., Calcutta University, India (2000)
Guided Research Hormones And Obesity
Guided Research: Capstone Experience Hyperglycemia And Estrogen
Human Anatomy And Physiology 1 ( Lab )
Human Anatomy And Physiology I
Human Anatomy And Physiology I ( Lab )
Human Anatomy And Physiology I I
Human Anatomy And Physiology I I ( Lab )
Thesis Research High Fat And Female Hormones
Thesis Research High Fat And Male Hormones
Anatomy and Physiology
My major interest is focused on three chief issues in the interplay between Endocrinology and Neurobiology. First, changes in the estrogen receptors with senescence, second changes with obesity and third the action of estrogen in the glucose homeostasis and apoptosis of cell in tissues subjected to hypoglycemic conditions.
To find more follow the link http://home.adelphi.edu/~ch17582/
'Adelphi Faculty Development Grant' 2007 and 2008.
'Frederick Bettelheim Research Award'
T. R. Chakraborty, E. Allecia, S. Chakraborty (2012), Relationships between urinary biomarkers of phytoestrogen, phthalates and phenols and pubertal stages in girls. Adolescent Health, Medicine and Therapeutics, 3, 17-26.
K Y Ng, J. Yong and T.R. Chakraborty (2010), Estrous Cycle in ob/ob and ovariectomized female mice and its relation with estrogen and leptin. Physiology & Behavior, 12, 125-130.
E. Watson, S. Fargali, H. Okamoto, M. Sadahiro , R.E. Gordon, T. Chakraborty, M.W. Sleeman, S.R. Salton . (2009), Analysis of knockout mice suggests a role for VGF in the control of fat storage and energy expenditure. BMC Physiology, 9(1), 19-23.
J. Roy, S. Chakraborty, T. R. Chakraborty (2009), Estrogen-like endocrine disrupting chemical affecting puberty in humans-a review. Medical Science Monitor, 15(6), RA137-145.
S. Chakraborty, A. Sachdev, S. R.J. Salton and T. R. Chakraborty (2008), Stereological Analysis of Estrogen Receptors Expression in the Hypothalamic Arcuate Nucleus of ob/ob and Agouti Mice. Brain Research, 1217, 86-95.
Tandra R. Chakraborty (2008, March). 'Obesity and Reproduction'. Stony Brook University.
Showing first 5 of 8.
Chakraborty, T.R., Chu, P., and Chakraborty, S. (2009). Effect of Atrazine on the Hypothalamic Cell Line. In American Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Abstract. New Orleans, Lousiana.
Loera, M., Chakraborty,T.R. (2009). Neuroprotective effect of estrogen on hypoglycemic injury in hypothalamic cells. In American Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. New Orleans, Lousiana.
Chakraborty, T. R. and Chakraborty, S (2008). What is the pathway by which estrogen promotes the neuroprotective effect on hypoglycemic injury in hypothalamic cell lines? In American Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. San Diego.
Loera M. and Chakraborty, T. R. (2008). Neuroprotective effect of estrogen on hypoglycemic injury in hypothalamic cells. In American Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. San Diego.
Rayani N, Sachdev A. and Chakraborty, T.R. (2008). Correlation of Estrous cycle with estrogen and leptin levels in ob/ob and Agouti mice. In American Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. San Diego.
Akhtar, A. and Chakraborty,T.R. (2007). Effect of estrogen, estrogen receptor and neuropeptides on feeding and reproduction. In Endocrine Society. Toronto.
Chakraborty, T.R., and Chakraborty, S (2007). Estrogen receptors in obesity and their signaling pathways. In American Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. Washington DC.
Sachdev, A., and Chakraborty,T.R. (2007). Cross talk of leptin and estrogen in the neuronal circuits to affect reproduction and feeding circuits. In American Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. Washington DC.
Other Scholarly/Artistic Work
1. Chakraborty, T.R., and Gore, A.C. Aging-related changes in ovarian hormones, their receptors, and neuroendocrine function. Experimental Biology & Medicine 2004 229: 977-87
2. Balija, V.S., Chakraborty, T.R. and Haldar, D. Phospholipid synthesizing enzymes of the mitochondrial outer membrane: In search of their catalytic sites. Recent Research Developments in Lipids Research 2001 4: 1-11
1. Chakraborty, T.R., Tkalych, O., Nanno, D., Garcia, A.L., Devi, L.A., Salton, S.R. Quantification of VGF- and pro-SAAS-derived peptides in endocrine tissues and the brain, and their regulation by diet and cold stress. Brain Research 2006 1089(1): 21-32
2. Chakraborty, T.R., Rajendren, G.V. and Gore, A.C. Expression of the estrogen receptor alpha in the anteroventral periventricular nucleus (AVPV) of hypogonadal (hpg) mice. Experimental Biology & Medicine Jan 2005 230(1): 49-56
3. Chakraborty, T.R., Hof, P., Ng, L. and Gore, A.C. Stereological analysis of expression of estrogen receptor alpha in hypothalamus and its regulation by aging and estrogen. Journal of Comparative Neurology 2003 466(3): 409-421
4. Chakraborty, T.R., Ng, L. and Gore, A.C. Age-related changes in estrogen receptor beta in rat hypothalamus: a quantitative analysis. Endocrinology 2003 144(9): 4164-4171
5. Salama, J., Chakraborty, T.R., Ng, L. and Gore, A.C. Effects of polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) on estrogen receptor beta expression in the antereoventral periventricular nucleus (AVPV). Environmental Health Perspectives 2003 111 (10): 1278-1282
6. Chakraborty, T.R., Ng, L. and Gore, A.C. Colocalization and hormone regulation of estrogen receptor alpha and NMDA receptor in the hypothalamus of female rats. Endocrinology 2003 144 (1): 299-305
7. Balija, V.S., Chakraborty, T.R., Nikonov, A., Morimoto, T., Haldar, D. Identification of two transmembrane regions and a cytosolic domain of rat mitochondrial glycerophosphate acyltransferase. Journal of Biological Chemistry 2000 275 (41): 31668-31673
8. Chakraborty, T.R., Vancura, A., Balija, V.S., and Haldar, D. Phosphatidic acid synthesis in mitochondria: Topography of formation and transmembrane migration. Journal of Biological Chemistry 1999 274(42): 29786-29790
9. Roy, T., Chakraborty, S., Das, H., Chakraborty, B.N. and Bhattacharya, A.K. In vitro induction of nuclear DNA dispersion of ram spermatozoa. Journal Basic Applied Biomedicine 1995 3(3): 25-29
10. Roy, T., Chakraborty, S., Karmakar, P., Chakraborty, B.N. and Bhattacharya, A.K. Heterogeneity in nuclear chromatin dispersion of human spermatozoa in vitro. Bulletin, IRM, Calcutta 1995 17: 19-21
Honors and Accomplishments
- Adelphi Faculty Development Grant, 2008
-Faculty Travel Award in ASBMB, 2008
- Nikita Rayani (undergraduate) received the Undergraduate Travel Award, 2008
-Melinda Loera (Graduate)received the Minority Award in ASBMB meeting, 2008
-Adelphi Faculty Development Grant, 2007
-Faculty Travel Award in ASBMB meeting, 2007
- Travel Award in ASBMB/ASPET Meetings: 1999, 2000, 2001
- Invited speaker, Department of Neurobiology of Aging Labs, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York (2000)
- Best speaker in oral presentation in 3rd National Congress on Assisted Reproductive Technology and Advances in Infertility Management, Indian Society of Assisted Reproduction (ISAR), Calcutta, India (1997)
- Invited speaker at Institute of Reproductive Fertility, invited guest lecturer (1997)
- Senior Research Fellowship, Indian Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India (1995)
- Invited speaker in the "Young Scientist Symposium on Frontiers in Reproductive Biology Research", Lucknow, India (1995)
Vice-chair of the Senate Executive Committee, 2009-2010
Member of the Adelphi Research Conference Committee, since 2007
Member of the Graduate Committee, since 2007
Organizer of 'Frontiers In Neuroscience' one day symposium held on the 10th of October, 2007.
Reviewer of chapters from ‘Holt Biology Living Environment’. Publiser Holt, Rinehart and Winston, 2006
Reviewer in the journal ‘Experimental Biology & Medicine’ and ‘Neurobiology of Aging’
Guest Lecturer, Sarah Lawrence College, New York, 2006
Adjunct Assistant Professor, Touro College, New York, 2004-2005
Consultant in ‘Suraksha Infertility Clinic’ (1997-1998)
Consultant in ‘Jawar Infertility Reproductive Institute’ (1996-1998)
Research officer in ‘Institute of Reproductive Medicine’(1995-1997)
Community and Corporate Leadership
- Judge at the JSHS, 2007,2008
- Judge at the ASBMB undergraduate poster session