The goals established by the Health and Wellness Committee are as follows:
- Promote awareness of wellness.
- Disseminate information about, and provide access to, wellness programs.
- Act as a clearinghouse for health and wellness projects.
- Recommend wellness guidelines, policies and standards.
- Coordinate existing and new wellness programs on campus.
- Promote education and research in wellness.
Hot Topics in Health and Wellness
By Dana Boccio, Ph.D., Derner Institute
Suicide is a serious public health problem that takes the lives of almost forty thousand Americans and over one million individuals worldwide each year.
» Read the article about suicide prevention
|Acorn Squash: Food of the Month
By Diane Dembicki, Ph.D., College of Nursing and Public Health
Read about the benefits of this fall favorite and get a recipe that easy to make.
» Learn about acorn squash
Aerobic Exercise: Getting Started
In this new series, we will cover the benefits of various types of exercise, starting with a general introduction to aerobic exercise.
» Read about how to get started with aerobic exercise
|Mantra of the Month
"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
– Jim Rohn, entrepreneur, author and motivational speaker.
Dietary Supplements for Health and Wellness: From A to Zinc
Cory Davidson ’03, M.A. Exercise Science,
Manager, Nutrition Research, NBTY
» View Dietary Supplements presentation
This page was last modified on October 17, 2014.