The goals established by the Health and Wellness Committee are as follows:
- Promote awareness of wellness.
- Disseminate information about, and provide access to, wellness programs.
- Act as a clearinghouse for health and wellness projects.
- Recommend wellness guidelines, policies and standards.
- Coordinate existing and new wellness programs on campus.
- Promote education and research in wellness.
Hot Topics in Health and Wellness
|Apples: Food of the Month
By Diane Dembicki, Ph.D., College of Nursing and Public Health
Read about the benefits of this fall favorite and get recipes.
» Learn about choosing and using apples
exercise regime for maintaining or promoting
bone, muscle and hormone health is strength training.
» Read about benefits of strength training and watch how-to videos
By Dana Boccio, Ph.D., Derner Institute
Suicide is a serious public health problem that takes the lives of almost forty thousand Americans and over one million individuals worldwide each year.
» Read the article about suicide prevention
|Mantra of the Month
"You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them."
Dietary Supplements for Health and Wellness: From A to Zinc
Cory Davidson ’03, M.A. Exercise Science,
Manager, Nutrition Research, NBTY
» View Dietary Supplements presentation
This page was last modified on November 5, 2014.