Get trained to use information technology for efficient, accurate healthcare delivery and management.
Why Earn an Advanced Certificate in Healthcare Informatics?
Electronic medical records and patient privacy mandates have created an increased demand for healthcare IT professionals. The Advanced Certificate in Healthcare Informatics prepares graduates for careers in health and medical informatics in academic, industrial, and hospital and other healthcare settings.
Why Earn Your Advanced Certificate in Healthcare Informatics at Adelphi?
- Our curriculum was developed from the model curriculum of the International Medical Informatics Association (IMIA). It also aligns with the criteria of the Commission on Accreditation for Health Information and Information Management (CAHIIM).
- Benefit from our interdisciplinary approach that integrates concepts in business, health informatics, information systems, organizational and project management as well as data security and analysis—all within a healthcare framework.
- Gain valuable experience wherever you are with our cutting-edge remote health monitoring systems and access to our high-tech robotics lab.
18%** Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics, April 2020
To apply for the Advanced Certificate, you must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year institution and a minimum 2.7 cumulative GPA. You should also have completed undergraduate courses in statistics and information systems.
Applicants should submit the following:
- Graduate application and $50 fee
- Official transcripts for all schools attended
- Professional résumé/CV
- Two letters of recommendation from professional or academic sources
- 500-word essay detailing the reasons for applying to the program