Complete your bachelor’s degree and advance your career in a program that values your prior school and life experience.
Why Liberal Studies?
The Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies is a degree completion program for adult students who have earned a minimum of 60 hours of transferable credits at other institutions. This degree will allow you to take on leadership positions in a variety of organizations or prepare you for graduate study in law, business, social services, education and public policy.
Why Liberal Studies at Adelphi?
- Study while balancing work, family, and other obligations with convenient and flexible course schedules offered online or on campus.
- Learn in a community that welcomes and values your life experience, individual career goals, and desire to earn a life-changing degree, with faculty recognized not only for their teaching and scholarship but for real-world, industry experience.
- Work with a dedicated adviser who will help you plan the fastest route to graduation, making maximum use of credits from prior coursework as well as life experience.
Rather than having a single area of focus as one would with a traditional major, you can customize your studies by choosing two of nine possible concentrations:
- Business analytics
- Criminal justice
- Emergency services administration
- Law firm administration
- Natural sciences
- Social science
The College of Professional and Continuing Studies was founded to serve the nontraditional and adult student, and its admission policy reflects a commitment to enrolling students who may have not had the opportunity to complete their degree in a traditional undergraduate program.
- An SAT score is not required.
- Although past academic records are required and reviewed, more focus is placed on a student’s present motivation to earn a degree than with previous academic performance.
- The Office of University Admissions makes every effort to notify candidates of their admission decision approximately three weeks after a completed application is received.