Strengthen professional knowledge and skills across disciplines to enhance services to parents.
Continuing Education Hours
New York State Office of the Professions (NYSED) regulations require that participants must be present for the entire approved educational activity in order for continuing education credits.
There is no accommodation in the State Regulations for late arrival, late return from lunch or breaks, or early departure. At present, there is no procedure for granting partial credit for approved continuing education events.
If there are any changes in State Regulation, this policy will be updated accordingly.
The Institute for Parenting day-long professional development programs offer 6 units of NYSED Continuing Education hours (CEs) or the equivalent. The Post Master’s Programs have been approved for a total of 100 NYSED Continuing Education credits/units/hours or the equivalent per year.
- Social Work CEs: Adelphi University’s School of Social Work is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #0032.
- Mental Health Counselors: Adelphi University School of Social Work is recognized by the NYS Education Department’s State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed mental health counselors. #MHC-0068. Please be advised that the learner must complete all parts of the course in order to earn the certificate for contact hours.
- Marriage and Family Therapists: Adelphi University is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider for continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists. #MFT-0038. Please be advised that the learner must complete all parts of the course in order to earn the certificate for contact hours.
- CASAC Training hours: Program information has been submitted for approval to the New York State Office of Addiction and Substance Abuse Services Education and Training for credits toward earning or re-credentialing.
- Psychology CE Credits: Adelphi University is approved by the American Psychological Association to offer continuing education credits for psychologists through the Adelphi University School of Social Work. Adelphi University maintains responsibility for the program and its content. Attendance to the entire conference is required. No partial credit is given. To apply for CE credits, contact the Institute for Parenting at 516.237.8513.
- Educators may receive Professional Development Program hours at the discretion of their schools.
A certificate of attendance will be issued at the end of the conference.