Mental and Emotional Wellbeing for Employees
On August 30 our University Health and Wellness team hosted a forum for Adelphi faculty and staff about the psychological impact of the pandemic, and discussed coping skills, adjusting to the new normal and how Adelphi is supporting the well-being of our community.
Personal counseling is available to offer emotional support during changing times like these, which can be stressful. Telephonic or video counseling is available, and you can access this service using most smartphones, tablets and computers with a camera. You may use this service 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, by contacting the Cigna Employee Assistance Program (EAP) by calling 877.622.4327 or visiting myCigna.com. (Register or log in, click on Coverage at the top of the page, then select Employee Assistance Program (EAP) in the drop-down menu.) You do not have to be a Cigna medical plan participant to utilize these services, which are provided confidentially and free of charge.
The EAP can help with a range of issues, including:
- Managing stress, relationship issues, depression and anxiety, or grief and loss, with up to six in-person sessions with a counselor in your area, as well as video-based sessions
- Legal matters, with a 30-minute consultation with an attorney, in person or by phone (employment-related legal issues are not covered)
- Financial counseling, through a 30-minute telephone consultation with a qualified specialist on topics such as debt counseling or planning for retirement
- Parenting resources, including referrals for child care providers, before- and after-school programs, camps, adoption organizations, child development, prenatal care and more
- Eldercare assistance, through referrals to resources including home health agencies, assisted living facilities, social and recreational programs, and long-distance caregiving
- Pet care, with tips for resources and referrals for pet sitting, obedience training, veterinarians and pet stores
- Identity theft, through a 60-minute consultation with a fraud resolution specialist
- Crisis management
Please feel free to reach out to the EAP directly, or contact the Office of Human Resources at 516.877.3221 or ext. 3229 with any questions.
Adelphi is committed to supporting your overall health and wellbeing. Visit the Human Resources website for more information and resources to offer support, manage stress, and enhance your resilience.