As a parent of an Adelphi undergraduate, you are now a member of the Adelphi University Parents Association. Welcome!
The objectives of the Parents Association are:
- to be an advocate and support for the parents of Adelphi students
- to improve students’ Adelphi experience through parental knowledge of resources
- to advance the aims and programs of the University.
Much of what the Parents Association will accomplish will depend on you, the members. However, the Association will provide you with:
- an opportunity to play a supporting role in your student’s college experience
- a forum for exchange with other parents
- useful information and a chance to express concerns and make suggestions about campus resources
- an opportunity to further the goals of Adelphi by improving communication between parents and the University.
You are also invited to serve on one of the Parents Association committees. Please indicate your interest on Parent Information and Response Form. In addition, to help us keep you informed about programs and activities specific to parents, please complete your contact information.
The first meeting of the Parents Association (PA) is scheduled during the October 4-6 Family Weekend, and the PA meeting will be held on Saturday, October 5. At this Annual Meeting, nominations and elections of the Board Officers will take place. Please join us for the PA meeting
and other campus activities during this weekend. At the beginning of the semester, visit this site for the Family Weekend schedule.
Just email questions or suggestions to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
View the Constitution of the Adelphi University Parents Association (PDF 83KB).
Any parent or legal guardian of an undergraduate student (excluding the Adult Academic Programs in University College and students 25 years of age or older) regularly enrolled at Adelphi University are automatically members of the Adelphi Parents Association. They can speak with parents of upper class students who will share their advice and firsthand knowledge with parents of freshmen. The Association holds monthly meetings and sponsors fund-raising activities geared toward raising money for its Parents Association Award.
Unable to attend a meeting, but interested in the topic? Archived video recordings of past Parents Association meetings are available on Adelphi's iTunes U page for viewing at your convenience.
Instructions for accessing Parents Association materials on iTunes U (PDF 642KB).