This award recognizes graduating undergraduate students who have demonstrated superior growth in the areas of citizenship, leadership, and scholarship. The award carries a first place prize of $1,000.
Deadline for submission is Friday, April 18, 2014.
To apply, please submit the following:
- A completed application form.
- An essay as indicated in part III of the application.
- Two letters of recommendation, of which at least one must be from an Adelphi University faculty or staff member. Send letters of recommendation to:
Adelphi University Parents Association
c/o Office of the Dean of Student Affairs
University Center, Room 108
Garden City, NY 11530
Criteria for selection:
- Applicant must be an undergraduate student who is graduating by August 2014.
- Awards will be granted based on the applicant’s record of citizenship, leadership, and scholarship.
- The Officers of the Parents Association will review applications and interview award finalists. Their decision will be final.
- Applicants selected as award finalists MUST be available for an in-person interview on the evening of Monday, April 28, 2014. An email notification will be sent with your interview appointment.
- The applicant is responsible for the completeness and accuracy of all information provided to the Parents Association.
For additional information about the Parents Association, please contact:firstname.lastname@example.org