The Levermore Global Scholars Program has embarked on a new initiative – the Levermore Global Scholars Journal. This initiative was started by one of Levermore Global Scholars' sophomore, Hara Stephanou. The LGS Journal will be published twice a year; once at the end of the fall semester and again at the end of the spring semester. In the future, there will be intermittent publications of smaller issues of the journal during the semesters.
As part of this initiative, LGS students will publish their academic papers in The LGS Journal after submitting their works to the journal's editorial board. The initiative is entirely student-run and has been started to not only engage its readers in global affairs, but to prompt them to become leaders within their local communities, as well. Simply put, the journal will act as the "voice" of the Levermore Global Scholars Program.
As part of this initiative, there are four major jobs which must be filled:
- The editor in chief will be in charge of overall operations, including financial responsibilities and data storage.
- The copy editor will be responsible for grammatical correctness in the articles.
- The production/web editor will lay out pages to be put on the web in PDF format.
- The managing editor/secretary will act as the assistant to the editor-in-chief and take notes during the meetings.
The journal will be divided into separate sections with different editors taking the leading role for each of the sections. Specific sections to be included in the journal will be:
- OP ED
- Interviews and Spotlights
- Internships and Study Abroad
- Special Features
- UN/Global News
A section editor will receive submissions in their specific topic and select the articles they would like to appear in the journal. Each editor will look over their articles not only for selection, but for any grammatical errors, as well. Then, these articles will be reviewed by the entire editorial board and agree on which articles to publish in each section. Section editors will also work closely with the production editor in selecting the layout for their sections