Weekly Personal Walking Goals
To help you and your team stay on track, use this chart as a guideline.
A reasonable end goal is to walk 8,000 steps or more a day—so to get there, plan to increase your daily activity by about 500 steps every week!
||4,500 steps a day
||5,000 steps a day
||5,500 steps a day
||6,000 steps a day
|| 6,500 steps a day
||7,000 steps a day
||7,500 steps a day
||8,000 steps a day
- 2,000 steps = about 1 mile
- 10,000 steps = about 5 miles
Try to walk at a brisk pace of about 100 steps per minute to maximize your walk!
- 20 minutes = 1 mile
- 40 minutes = 4000 steps = half your daily goal!
Mix in an Adelphi group fitness class for some variety in your routine!
- 3,400 steps = Bandilates, Pilates, Tone & Stretch, Abs & Arms, Yoga
- 5,000 steps = Zumba, Zumba Toning, Panther Power, Kick Boxing, Cycle
For more information on Walk Adelphi, please contact:
Woodruff Hall Room 240
p - 516.877.4242
This page was last modified on May 12, 2014.