Doctor of Business Administration, Louisiana Tech University (1994)
Master of Business Administration, University of Louisiana at Monroe (1990)
Post Graduate Diploma in Systems Management, University of Bombay (1988)
Bachelor of Commerce, University of Bombay (1983)
Accounting For Managerial Analysis
Fin Statement Analysis
Intermediate Accounting I
Teaching Interests: Financial and Managerial Accounting, Accounting Theory, Financial Statements Analysis.
Research Interests: Financial Reporting, Corporate Governance, Social Responsibility, Accounting Education.
1. Received a $4,400 faculty development grant from the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs, Adelphi University, Spring 2008.
2. Received a $1,500 instructional grant from the Office of the Provost, Adelphi University for teaching a hybrid (50% online) course, Fall 2005.
3. Received a $2,500 instructional grant from Clark Atlanta University/United Negro College Fund for enhancing the instruction with the use of the Internet technology, December 2003.
G. Pandit and A. Rubenfield, (2008). Accounting by Partnerships, Accounting Policy & Practice Series,. Arlington, VA: Bureau of National Affairs.
Showing first 5 of 23.
G. Pandit and A. Rubenfield (2011), Has Sarbanes-Oxley Act curtailed the growth in auditor compensation or just changed its composition ? A look at more recent evidence
. International Journal of Disclosure and Governance, 8,
A. Rubenfield and G. Pandit, (2008), “Basic Principles of Partnership Taxation,”. Business Entities,, 10 (3),,
G. Pandit, V. Subrahmanyam and A. Rubenfield, (2007), “Auditor Compensation Pattern of S&P500 Corporations Before and After the Passage of Sarbanes-Oxley Act,”. Journal of Applied Business Research,, 23 (2), Summer,,
A. Rubenfield and G. Pandit, (2007), Tax Cheating by Ordinary Taxpayers. The CPA Journal,, LXXVII,,
J. Angel and G. Pandit, (2006), “E-Filing Benefits and Requirements”. The CPA Journal,, LXXVI,,
G. Pandit, V. Subrahmanyam and G. Conway, (2006), “Are the Audit Committee Reports Disclosing Enough after the Sarbanes-Oxley Act? Managerial Auditing Journal,, 21,,
G. Pandit, A. Rubenfield and J. Phillips, (2006), “Current NASDAQ Corporation Methods of Reporting Comprehensive Income”. Mid-American Journal of Business,, 21,,
G. Pandit, V. Subrahmanyam and G. Conway, (2005), "Audit Committee Reports Before and After the Sarbanes-Oxley Act: A study of companies listed on the NYSE". The CPA Journal,, LXXV,,
G. Pandit and V. Subrahmanyam, (2005), “How Much Did the Audit Committees Report Prior to the Sarbanes-Oxley Act?”,. Journal of Corporate Accounting and Finance,,
G. Pandit and J. Phillips, (2004), “Comprehensive Income: Reporting Preferences of Public Companies”,. The CPA Journal,, LXXIV,,
A. Rubenfield and G. Pandit, (2004), “Charitable Contributions or Membership Dues?”,
V. Subrahmanyam, G. Pandit, S. Banerjee and A. Saxena, (2003), “Investment in Technology in Minority-and Women-Owned Businesses”,. Southern Business and Economic Journal,, 26 (Fall/Summer),,
G. Pandit, (2003), “An Examination of the Social Awareness of Undergraduate and Graduate Business Students in the Post-Enron-Failure Period,”. The Business Journal,, Fall,,
A. Rubenfield and G. Pandit, (2003), “E-Filing: The Ups and Downs,”. The CPA Journal,,
A. Rubenfield and G. Pandit, (2003), “A Case for Using Experiential Education in Accounting,”
. Accounting Instructor's Report,, Fall,
A. Rubenfield and G. Pandit, (2003), “Students’ Perceptions of the Importance of Course Syllabi. Journal of Business Disciplines,, Spring,,
G. Pandit, (2003), “Social Awareness of Undergraduate Accounting Students: Influence of Today’s Skeptical Environment,”. New Accountant,,
G. Pandit and A. Rubenfield, (2000), “Big CPA Firms and Perceptions of Clients: Evidence from Publicly Traded Companies,”. Journal of Accounting and Finance Research,, Spring,,
G. Pandit, (1999), “Clients' Perceptions of Their Incumbent Auditors and Their Loyalty to the Audit Firms: An Empirical Study,”. The Mid-Atlantic Journal of Business,, 35 (4),,
G. Pandit, (1998), “What Business Students Think When Selecting Their Academic Majors,”. Journal of Business and Behavioral Sciences,, Fall,,
G. Pandit, (1996), “Traditional Vs. Non Traditional Accounting Students: An examination of the difference in their vision,”. New Accountant,,
G. Pandit and J. Byington, (1995), “Measuring the Readability of Selected Accounting Journals: An Empirical Investigation,”. Journal of Business and Behavioral Sciences,, Fall,,
J. Byington, G. Pandit and P. Munter, (1993), “Auditor Concentration in the Gas Industry: A Longitudinal Study,”. Oil and Gas Tax Quarterly,, 42 (1),,
Other Scholarly/Artistic Work
Doctoral Dissertation (1994): "The Impact of Clients' Perceptions on Auditor Switching," a structural equation model using primary data from NYSE, AMSE and NASDAQ companies. The dissertation involved an empirical study of how audit quality as perceived by corporate management could have an influence on their auditor-switching intentions.
Honors and Accomplishments
• Outstanding Faculty of the Year 2002-03 Award from the School of Business Administration, Clark Atlanta University, April 2003.
• Accounting Faculty of the Year 1998-99 Award from the School of Business Administration, Clark Atlanta University, April 1999.
• Outstanding Professor of the Year 1998-99 Award from the Accounting Club at the School of Business Administration, Clark Atlanta University, April 1999.
• Selected for inclusion in the sixth edition of WHO'S WHO AMONG AMERICA'S TEACHERS, 1998.
• Outstanding First Year Professor Award from the Accounting Club at the School of Business Administration, Clark Atlanta University, April 1998.
• Award for active contribution to the Course Scheduling Committee of the School of Business, Savannah State University, May 1996.
• Award for a very active participation in the "May 1996 Dream Team-CPA Review Program" from the Institute of Management Accountants-Student Chapter at Savannah State University, May 1996.
• Selected for inclusion in the fourth edition of WHO'S WHO AMONG AMERICA'S TEACHERS, 1996.
• Award for leadership, encouragement and commitment from the Institute of Management Accountants-Student Chapter at Savannah State University, June 1995.
• American Accounting Association Southwestern Region's recipient of the Southwestern Federation of Administrative Disciplines 1995 Distinguished Paper Award sponsored by Richard D. Irwin, Inc.
• Elected in 1994 to the membership of Beta Gamma Sigma, the Honor Society for the Collegiate Schools of Business, Louisiana Tech University Chapter.
• Participant in the Doctoral Students' Consortium at the 1992 Southwestern Regional Meeting of the American Accounting Association.
• American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (since 1991).
• American Accounting Association (since 1991).
• Institute of Management Accountants (since 1990).
Community and Corporate Leadership
• Serving as the "On-Campus Champion" for the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants since 1998. My role is to promote the student membership of the AICPA among the accounting students.
• Served as the reviewer for the annual conference of Decision Sciences Institute 2003-08. Every year, I reviewed at least one manuscript for the conference.
• Served on the Board of Directors of Atlanta Chapter of the Institute of Management Accountants (June 1998 – May 2004). I was in charge of maintaining academic relations between the chapter and our school.
• Served on the Board of Directors of Savannah Chapter of the Institute of Management Accountants (June 1995 - July 1997).
• Served as the chair of the Academic Relations Committee for the Coastal Georgia Chapter of the Institute of Internal Auditors (March 1995 - July 1997).
• Served as the Financial Reporting Research Track Chair for the American Society of Business and Behavioral Sciences (ASBBS) between 1999 and 2001. My role was to review the submissions in the area of Financial Reporting, and recommend them for presentation at the annual meeting of ASBBS.
• Served as an ad hoc reviewer for American Academy of Accounting and Finance and The Southern Collegiate Accountant.
Licenses & Certifications
Certified Management Accountant, 1995
Certified Public Accountant (LA), 1990
Chartered Accountant (India), 1986 (currently inactive)